Arrival to the camping

aenarion27

Parkrocker
Hey guys,

My husband and I are visiting Rock Im Park for the first time ever, very excited!

We're arriving by car and planning to stay in the "General camping" site. On the RIP website, it says that we need to enter the address "Bayernstraße 110" into the GPS. My questions concerns what happens directly afterwards arriving at that address:

1) From what I understand there will be several parking lots, and we should be informed if there are any spaces left, and if not, be directed with signs to another parking lot?

2) We plan to arrive by car in Nuremberg on Thursday around 11pm, will there be many parking spaces left? Do most festival-goers arrive on Thursday?

3) What's the walking distance from the different parking lot to the campsite entrance?

2) It's stated on the RIP website that check-in CP 5/6/8/9 (I think that's the one that applies to us?) will close at midnight. If we arrive in Nuremberg at 11pm, will we have time to park, walk to the camping and pass through the checkpoints? Will there still be a big queue at the check-in on Thursday at 11pm?

Thanks in advance for your help!

DuckieW

Parkrocker
1) From what I understand there will be several parking lots, and we should be informed if there are any spaces left, and if not, be directed with signs to another parking lot?
Check the rock-im-park.com webpage, that's where they will post somewhat up to date information on where you can still park. It will be right on the front page once the festival starts on thursday (at least in previous years).

2) We plan to arrive by car in Nuremberg on Thursday around 11pm, will there be many parking spaces left? Do most festival-goers arrive on Thursday?
Yes, most people who camp show up on thursday, the majority of them in the morning. 11pm is definitely late. It is still possible and given it is far from a sold-out year it might be less chaotic than in previous years but if you have a chance to arrive earlier in the day you should try to do so.

3) What's the walking distance from the different parking lot to the campsite entrance?
It depends on where you will camp. As you can see on the map the camping areas are spread out. And so is the parking. Especially when you arrive late the distance between an available parking spot and a spot to build your tent at can be a challenge. Very worst case combination could be 1.5 kilometres (parking at P32 and Camping at CP4.15). Bring a foldable bollerwagen to transport your stuff once you got your wristband at the Check-In.

Hate to repeat myself but if you can arrange it to arrive sooner, try to do so. It also helps to not have to build your camp in the darkness.

Reaktionen: aenarion27

aenarion27

Parkrocker
Check the rock-im-park.com webpage, that's where they will post somewhat up to date information on where you can still park. It will be right on the front page once the festival starts on thursday (at least in previous years).

Yes, most people who camp show up on thursday, the majority of them in the morning. 11pm is definitely late. It is still possible and given it is far from a sold-out year it might be less chaotic than in previous years but if you have a chance to arrive earlier in the day you should try to do so.

It depends on where you will camp. As you can see on the map the camping areas are spread out. And so is the parking. Especially when you arrive late the distance between an available parking spot and a spot to build your tent at can be a challenge. Very worst case combination could be 1.5 kilometres (parking at P32 and Camping at CP4.15). Bring a foldable bollerwagen to transport your stuff once you got your wristband at the Check-In.

Hate to repeat myself but if you can arrange it to arrive sooner, try to do so. It also helps to not have to build your camp in the darkness.
Thanks for the quick reply!

Last questions :
4) Is the check-in "CP 5/6/8/9" the one that applies to us if we stay in the general campsite?

5) The "CP 5/6/8/9" check-in apparently closes at midnight. Will there still be a big queue at check-in on Thursday at 11pm?

6) Does the staff close the check-in at midnight sharp even if there are still people in the queue to get it in ?

7) If so, would it be possible to arrive at 11pm (no way around it unfortunately), park, sleep in the car, and go through check in and set up the tent the morning after ?

Thank you so much, my mind is already clearer

DuckieW

Parkrocker
4) Is the check-in "CP 5/6/8/9" the one that applies to us if we stay in the general campsite?
Yes.

In theory check-in CP4.1 is also open till midnight but I do not expect you would get parking close to it at that time anymore. But if you are told on the webpage about free parking on "Große Straße" or "Beuthener Straße" and end up there you should make your way to checkin CP4.1 rather than the checkin CP 5/6/8/9. Use the one that is closer to where you end up parking.

5) The "CP 5/6/8/9" check-in apparently closes at midnight. Will there still be a big queue at check-in on Thursday at 11pm?
I am lacking experience regarding the lines at that time. But I wouldn't expect too much business then.

6) Does the staff close the check-in at midnight sharp even if there are still people in the queue to get it in ?
Once again. I cannot say, maybe somebody else here has been in the same situation and can answer this? But even though we're in Germany I would not expect them to do that. As said in 5 - it should be fine at that time of the day.

7) If so, would it be possible to arrive at 11pm (no way around it unfortunately), park, sleep in the car, and go through check in and set up the tent the morning after ?
Just to make sure you are aware of it, the check-in is just to trade your ticket for a festival wristband. Once you have the wristband you can enter the camp-grounds all throughout the night. So unless you are parked ridiculously far away from the check-in, focus on getting the wrist-band in time. Bringing your equipment with you to the check-in is inconvenient yet possible if necessary, especially if you're more than one person. Sleeping in the car on the parking lots is prohibited yet not completely impossible to do.

CourtneyMckenzie

Parkrocker
Yes, upon arriving at the address "Bayernstraße 110," you'll find several parking lots. Typically, if the parking lot at the main site is full, you'll be directed to alternative parking areas. Signs will guide you to those locations. The festival organizers usually keep attendees informed about parking availability, so you should receive instructions or updates regarding parking spaces.

Since you plan to arrive on Thursday around 11 pm, there might still be some parking spaces available. While many festival-goers do arrive on Thursday, it's difficult to predict the exact availability at that specific time. It's advisable to arrive as early as possible to increase your chances of finding a parking spot.

The walking distance from the parking lots to the campsite entrance may vary depending on the specific parking area assigned to you. Generally, the campsite entrance is within walking distance from the parking lots, but the exact distance may differ based on the lot you are directed to. The festival site should have signs or staff members to guide you in the right direction.

If the check-in CP 5/6/8/9 applies to you, and it closes at midnight, arriving at 11 pm should give you sufficient time to park, walk to the camping area, and pass through the checkpoints. However, it's possible that there could be some queues at the check-in area, especially during peak arrival times. Try to be efficient with your arrival process, and if there is a queue, it shouldn't take an excessive amount of time to get through.